Everyone’s Downstream 2011 is a community-led forum and conference designed to discuss tar sands and extreme extraction processes expanding around the world with a focus on Africa. The conference will take place at Diakonia Council of Churches, with speakers invited from communities effected by tar sands and other extreme extraction processes in South Africa, Israel/Palestine, Uganda, Nigeria, Madagascar, Canada and the Republic of Congo (Brazzaville).There will also be discussions around the questions of climate change and the roles of energy in addressing climate change. Donations for attendance graciously accepted but not required. Meals will be provided at lunch on the Saturday and Sunday, snacks available in the mornings.
- RT @NaomiAKlein: Climate change is an existential threat that calls for extraordinary + heroic acts of resistance. Exhibit A: http://t.c ... 4 years ago
- @nodashforgas we support you! #edf is a corporate bully, could set dangerous precedent for protest in the uk. 4 years ago
- EDF SUING CLIMATE ACTIVISTS FOR £5 MILLION - PROTESTERS FACE LOSING HOMES wp.me/p1VYrj-dv 4 years ago
- Open letter to COP18 Delegates from Bill McKibben, Nnimmo Bassey & Pablo Soló n bit.ly/11baxJ6 4 years ago
- SADC peoples summit – Maputo 13-16 aug bit.ly/Rg6uDC 4 years ago