Eskom is the country’s largest emitter by far (over 200Mts/year); is building the third and fourth largest coal-fired plants in the world (for which it got the World Bank’s largest ever project loan last year); is charging the two biggest mining/metals houses – Anglo/BHP BIlliton – the world’s cheapest electricity rates ($0.02/kWh); is imposing 27% price increases on poor people year after year; and is a loyal member of Pretoria’s climate negotiating team! Thank goodness for the world’s finest cartoonist, Zapiro!
- RT @NaomiAKlein: Climate change is an existential threat that calls for extraordinary + heroic acts of resistance. Exhibit A: http://t.c ... 5 years ago
- @nodashforgas we support you! #edf is a corporate bully, could set dangerous precedent for protest in the uk. 5 years ago
- EDF SUING CLIMATE ACTIVISTS FOR £5 MILLION - PROTESTERS FACE LOSING HOMES wp.me/p1VYrj-dv 5 years ago
- Open letter to COP18 Delegates from Bill McKibben, Nnimmo Bassey & Pablo Soló n bit.ly/11baxJ6 5 years ago
- SADC peoples summit – Maputo 13-16 aug bit.ly/Rg6uDC 5 years ago